Saturday, January 17, 2009

Come to Milledgeville, where every month is...

Aside from the business of balancing a budget, making sure the feds don't swoop in and take charge of our mental health system and trying to improve the state's system of roads, some lawmakers under the gold dome are focusing on what's really important.
This just makes me think about a Saturday last April when I was first introduced to the former capital's lust for history.
I think the only person more clueless than I was the Georgia College & State University professor who asked me what was with all the cannon fire on the day the college was celebrating the kick off of Earth Week.
But for all you Civil War buffs out there, don't miss out on the Robert E. Lee Birthday Bash happening next weekend at the Old Capital Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment