Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thank You For the Two-and-a-half Great Years

To Everyone Who Has Helped Me Bring Quality News to the Community,

As of Friday, May 14, I resigned my position as a staff writer at The Union-Recorder to accept a communications coordinator position at Digital Bridges in downtown Milledgeville.

I am writing you today to express my appreciation for the patience and understanding you have shown me over these last two-and-a-half years while I tried my best to inform The Union-Recorder’s readers about goings-on in the Milledgeville-Baldwin County community. In addition to lending me your time so that I might convey the importance of pertinent community events and information to the paper’s readers, many times you took a few extra moments to share the humor and unique insight that have encouraged me to want to become a more permanent part of this community.

Although I'm not entirely convinced of the supposed demise of print media, I am confident Milledgeville and surrounding communities will continue to look to The Union-Recorder to read and learn more about Baldwin County’s story, no matter the format it arrives in each morning. But there is a new day rising in this community, and I feel this opportunity with Digital Bridges will put me in a better position to positively impact Milledgeville’s future.

If you have not yet taken the opportunity to learn how Digital Bridges is working to assist Milledgeville as it moves into the 21st Century, then I invite you to come out to the Knight Community Innovation Center, next to the Campus Theatre on Hancock Street, to see how we can work together to build the future we want for Baldwin County.

Thank you again for all the time you have spent helping me cover this community, I look forward to continuing to work with you to help build a stronger future for Milledgeville. Please feel free to contact me at through the comments section of this blog or by stopping by Digital Bridges in downtown Milledgeville

Sincerely,

Daniel McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment