Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Wishes

At the end of last year I asked a number of local people to provide me with their hopes and wishes for the Milledgeville/Baldwin County community in the New Year.
As of today, newly elected state Representative E. Culver "Rusty" Kidd is the only person to reply--and to Rusty's benefit I'll say he did it in the timeframe I asked him to do it in.
Because not enough people shared their thoughts with me to feature it in The Union-Recorder like I had wanted to, I'm going to post them here. I'll post more as they come in.
Thank you Rusty.

The wish list I have for 2010 are simple but ones I wish for everyone:

1. Bellies would be full
2. Warm shoes and dry socks for our feet
3. Warm and Dry jackets when its rainy and cold
4. When you walk down the street you hear extra change rattling in your pocket
5. Children whose parents truly love and care for them
6. That our city & county jails have vacancy
7. Georgians with disabilities or mental health illness are properly cared for at our State Mental Institutions
8. That jobs become plentiful with relocation of industry to Baldwin County.
9. Our city & county revenue increases without additional property tax increase
10. Our Military troupes that are in the 16 foreign countries fighting for our freedom and the freedom of those oppressed in foreign lands finish their mission and are able to return home safely and no longer will be in harms way
11. That mankind in our county and around the world look at each other and treat each other as you would have them treat you.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment